Market Specialist, Community Operations, Afghanistan
(Dubai, United Arab Emirates - Dublin, Ireland)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The successful candidate will work with the South Asia market team to review content reported for potential abuse, resolve user account issues, improve the overall support experience for that market, as well as solve thematic global issues. The person will be part of a data-driven analysis culture and will also help scale our operations by optimizing and automating processes, solving challenging problems and, most importantly, helping to prevent them.
- Respond to inquiries from the community with high quality, speed, empathy and accuracy
- Investigate and resolve issues that are reported on Facebook such as requests for account support and reports of potentially abusive content
- Become and remain knowledgeable about Facebook products and Community Standards
- Be aware of current events and typical user behavior in Afghanistan
- Gather region-specific insights through quantitative and qualitative analysis of users' interactions with Facebook & Instagram support, and use it to develop ways to improve the support of our community of users in the region
- Communicate region-specific insights to Product, Growth, and other partners within the company
- Independently deliver solutions for key experience issues through effective problem solving and project management
- Display a strong bias to demonstrate empathy for our community in supporting Community Operations' mission to #ShipLove.
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of professional experience, preferably with a focus on analytical initiatives
- Strong understanding of Facebook and Instagram platforms and passionate about the company's mission
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- moderate working knowledge of Excel & SQL is preferred
- Ability to work independently across competing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing Operations environment and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and internal organisations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Fluency in written and conversational Persian/Pashto/Dari is essential
- Demonstratable ongoing connection with community in Afghanistan and detailed knowledge of region's culture and common practices
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top