Market Specialist (Bangladesh), Community Operations
(Dublin, Ireland - Hyderabad, India)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade, our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.The Community Operations team develops scaled solutions to user issues, protects users by decreasing negative engagement on the site, and delivers qualitative and quantitative insight into user interactions with the product and content. Those who join our team are very passionate about keeping our users safe and are strong advocates for the Facebook & Instagram community. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.The successful candidate will work with the South Asia market team within Community Operations to review content reported for potential abuse, resolve user account issues, improve the overall support experience for the region, as well as solve thematic global issues. The person will help scale our operations by optimising and automating processes, solving challenging problems and helping to prevent them. This position is full-time and will be based in our Dublin, Ireland office.
- Respond to inquiries from the community with high quality, speed, empathy and accuracy
- Investigate and resolve issues that are reported on Facebook such as requests for account support and reports of potentially abusive content
- Become and remain knowledgeable about Facebook products and Community Standards
- Be aware of current events and typical user behavior in the region
- Gather region-specific insights through quantitative and qualitative analysis of users' interactions with Facebook & Instagram support, and use it to develop ways to improve the support of our community of users in the region
- Communicate region-specific insights to Product, Growth, and other partners within the company
- Independently deliver solutions for key experience issues through effective problem solving and project management
- Display a strong bias to demonstrate empathy for our community in supporting Community Operations' mission to #ShipLove.
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of professional experience, preferably with a focus on analytical initiatives
- Strong understanding of Facebook and Instagram platforms and passionate about the company's mission
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- moderate working knowledge of Excel & SQL is preferred
- Ability to work independently across competing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing Operations environment and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and internal organisations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Fluency in written and conversational Bangla is essential
- Demonstratable ongoing connection with community in Bangladesh and detailed knowledge of region's culture and common practices
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top