Market Development Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Come be part of the team at Facebook, tasked with activating a community of marketing experts across Australia and New Zealand! Facebook is looking for a Market Development Manager within the Global Marketing Solutions (GMS) Partnerships Organization. The Market Development team activates the portfolio of solutions and services offered by partners under the Facebook Marketing Partners Program, working closely with the in-market sales team to drive success for marketers and agencies through accredited Facebook Marketing Partners.The successful candidate will provide deep product insight and ongoing consultative support to Facebook's sales team, their clients and agencies. The Market Development Manager will uncover underserved or unmet needs of clients and agencies and prioritise those that can be met by partners. The successful candidate will foster relationships with our Facebook Marketing Partners, the partner management team and other cross functional teams to drive end client success through partnerships. You should be a creative and strategic thinker with a hunger for challenge and opportunity; A rapid learner, who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This role is full time, covers Australia and New Zealand and is based in our beautiful Sydney office. The position reports to the Head of Market Development for Asia Pacific based in Singapore.
- You will define and drive business development and sales activation for GMS Partnerships across Australia and New Zealand
- Construct a market solution portfolio through prioritized opportunities, activate and measure that portfolio
- Working in a highly cross-functional environment you will activate and deploy partner solutions and services to meet market needs
- You will distill and surface market feedback to represent the requirements of the market internally with global product growth and partner management teams
- Collaborate with the Partner Management teams to ensure that the experiences we build together with partners are the best possible for marketers and agencies, while supporting Facebook's mission
- Operate in multiple time zones as part of a regional and global team
- Drive product adoption and provide ongoing education about new and existing Facebook marketing products, focussed on those that leverage APIs and other advanced technology
- Understand market requirements, produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of partner performance relative to needs, aggregate feedback to help inform partner product roadmap with enhanced or new functionality.
- 9+ years of experience
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter
- Proven client facing experience in technical sales, business development or partner management
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with peers and managers, both internally and externally
- You thrive in situations involving cross-functional influence and are an intelligent negotiator
- Your track record in stakeholder management or client relationship management is exceptional
- You have proven organizational and analytical skills.
- You have experience working remotely as part of a larger international team
- You have been a part of team or have experience in driving: "Sales Solutioning" &/or "Sales Enablement" &/or "Program Solutions"
- Experienced working with or in support of diverse communities
- Proven track record delivering business results through a (channel) partner ecosystem
- You understand Facebook's strategic and competitive position.Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top