Manufacturing/Factory Ops Manager, Building 8
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA- style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Supply Chain Team has the responsibility for identifying supply chain solutions that allow Building 8 to deliver products to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Manufacturing/Factory Ops Manager. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. We believe the role of Manufacturing/Factory Ops Manager is someone that will provide leadership and represent FB in driving delivery, quality, and continuous improvement at our CM operations.This is a full- time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Develop and lead a small nucleus team consisting of Quality, Process, Test, and Planning for the manufacturing site.
- Establish a strong, positive relationship with the local CM Team and is recognized as the local FB leader, ensuring a “one team, one goal” approach.
- Ownership and accountable for the performance of our CM across all aspects of capacity, cost, quality, technologies and schedules.
- Act as interface, along with Planning, to drive inputs from S&OP process into an achievable production plan to satisfy shipments.
- Ensures production follows appropriate workflow and assembly methods.
- Interface/interaction daily with CM, reviewing agreed upon metrics, with issues and actions to achieve goals, shipments, etc.
- Interface with Planning Team to provide solid communication of requirements to CM.
- Ability to communicate effectively with USA FB Supply Chain Team on all issues related to offshore operations.
- Maintains the CM capacity view and measures effectiveness of capacity management, including ramping, available, consumed, effectiveness.
- Monitor, analyze, and drive CM to take corrective/improvement action on key departmental measurables (i.e. labor related, scrap rates, material usage, inventory adjustments, department overhead).
- Experience ramping consumer electronics at scale
- 7+ years experience leading Operations in a consumer electronics environment
- BS Degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent
- Ability & experience interfacing at all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate vision and convey a sense of urgency
- Experience in manufacturing first-of products
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top