Manufacturing Test Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook's AR/VR organization brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and platform.
Technical Operations team has the responsibility for evaluating technologies and identifying supply chain solutions that allow the AR/VR Org to deliver products to market at scale. Manufacturing Test Lead will drive the development and deployment of hardware test systems with manufacturing partners and third-party integrators. You will be heavily involved in troubleshooting software issues on test equipment and automation systems. You will help define overall product test strategy, evaluate test equipment and qualification processes, and lead and facilitate integration of test systems into our existing data tracking networks and factory control systems. You will design and document new manufacturing equipment, prioritizing standardization and reliability, and create test plans for validating existing equipment.
The ideal candidate has experience in a cross-functional team environment and will be responsible for planning the design, development, and implementation of factory test systems. You will enforce manufacturability, testability, and ensure cost-effective designs are implemented for testing and automation systems, software, and equipment. This position will have responsibilities for NPI test development and sustaining support of production released test and automation systems.
This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park.
- Work with engineering team to identify the best supplier/partner to meet product requirements from both technical perspective as well as supply chain and manufacturing considerations
- Development and implementation of manufacturing test strategy during development and production phases of product lifecycle
- Work with engineering and vendor test teams to design and assemble bench setups and test fixtures
- Develop test requirements and methodology with engineering team, implement manufacturing tests at vendor sites, troubleshoot and solve issues during product development and manufacturing ramp
- Interface directly with the engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, quality, and vendor teams to assist in the development of test procedures, including first article, reliability, environmental, production and final acceptance testing
- Work directly with the test engineers providing guidance and support as necessary in test methods, equipment, and test set-ups
- Coordination of and travel to suppliers (foreign and domestic) to establish technical and manufacturing processes required during product development and volume manufacturing ramp
- Travel required: up to 40%
- BS or MS degree in engineering or related field
- 8+ years of experience in consumer electronic product development & volume manufacturing
- Experience with domestic and/or international consumer electronics vendors and supply chain
- Knowledge of fundamental considerations of building hardware in development and volume production stages
- Experience in test automation and test frameworks to enable comprehensive test coverage
- Experience managing direct reports, building a team through continual coaching and career growth opportunities
- Understanding of module test and manufacturing processes with direct experience managing manufacturing test implementation and execution
- Ability to define, develop, and troubleshooting manufacturing test issues
- Ability & experience building cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to drive results, motivate, and instill a sense of urgency in others
Back to top