Manufacturing Security Engineer
Facebook Security is seeking a highly talented and motivated security engineer to drive security initiatives that protect our manufacturing environments. You will work on the Manufacturing Security team designing, building and supporting the infrastructure and services that allow Facebook to keep the manufacturing environments secure and stable. The ideal candidate will share our passion for engineering solutions to complex security problems, while minimizing employee friction and maximizing productivity.
- Enhance the security posture of Facebook's manufacturing infrastructure on site, at third party sites, and in cloud environments
- Work with our partners to identify and resolve security weaknesses in their environments which could pose risk to Facebook
- Design and build highly scalable and minimally invasive security solutions for environments which require near 100% uptime
- Work closely with teams of highly technical and talented Oculus and Facebook engineers chartered with building, scaling, deploying and maintaining manufacturing infrastructure, application services, and data pipelines
- Foster and maintain cross functional relationships with both technical and non-technical resources with a focus on data and goal driven decision making
- Communicate timelines, service dependencies, resource constraints and progress with key stakeholders quickly and effectively
- Technical degree at the Bachelor's level or equivalent industry experience.
- Understanding of internet security issues and the threat landscape
- 2 to 5+ years of hands-on experience in at least one of the following areas in large production environments:
- Experience with an interpreted programming language (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc) in large scale environments
- Configuration management tools including Chef, Ansible, Terraform
- Experience working with IaaS platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.) is highly desired.
- Building, supporting, and troubleshooting networks (Layers 2 through 7), VPNs, Firewalls, Load Balancers, etc. / firewall / network detection systems is highly desired.
- Knowledge of the following areas:
- TCP/IP network fundamentals and network services such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, NETBOOT
- Virtualization technology (i.e. ESXi)
- Storage technology (i.e. NetApp)
- Applied cryptography including PKI, SSL, and key management
- Problem solving capabilities and ability to work independently
- Minimally 25% (up to 50%) travel through-out Asia
Back to top