Manufacturing Quality Engineer, Fiber Cable
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Manufacturing Quality Engineer responsible for working with our global manufacturing partners to develop world class manufacturing processes for Facebook's cabling products. This is a full-time role based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Responsible for developing the manufacturing and quality plans for cabling products for Facebook's data centers. This includes copper, single mode fibre, and multimode fibre cabling, patch panels, cable runways, cable enclosures, and connectors.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Participate in design reviews and provide feedback for DFM (design for manufacturability), DFT (design for testability), yield improvements, and quality control.
- Audit manufacturing sites to assess supplier's capabilities and implement manufacturing and quality best practices.
- Drive Lean projects to improve manufacturing and data center processes to eliminate waste, reduce cost, and improve yield.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the supply chain teams during the hardware product lifecycle.
- Ensure product and process quality targets are met by working with engineering to design test methods, establishing standards, and driving continuous improvement with manufacturers and equipment providers.
- Assure product and process quality by designing test methods and establishing manufacturing process standards.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflows, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends in manufacturing, field, and RMA data.
- Drive root cause and corrective action for failures during manufacturing and operation in the data center.
- Assist in implementing failure analysis tools and processes.
- Create and maintain all product process, quality, and technical training documentation.
- Create BOMs, engineering change notifications, and manufacturing process changes through product lifecycle management tools.
- Travel up to 25% of the time to Facebook's data centers and supplier's sites.
- BA/BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years experience in developing or manufacturing fibre and copper cabling products.
- Knowledge in cable operation, fabrication, and testing.
- Experience using of quality tools, methodologies in a manufacturing and/or engineering environment.
- Experience in data center fabrication and build out.
- Experience in performing design of experiment, root cause analysis, and troubleshooting of hardware related issues.
- Vendor management, project management, interpersonal, and organizational experience.
- Communication experience.
- MS or PhD in applicable fields.
- ISO9001 and ISO14001 certification.
Back to top