Manufacturing Quality Engineer
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Manufacturing Quality Engineer responsible for developing and implementing world class manufacturing and quality processes for Open Compute servers that power the Facebook social network. This is a full time position and reports to the Manager of Manufacturing and Quality Engineering as part of the Sourcing and Operations Engineering team and is based at our Menlo Park office.
- Develop and implement manufacturing processes for Facebook open compute hardware technologies by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly and testing
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the supply chain teams during the entire product lifecycle
- Ensure product and process quality targets are met by designing test methods, establishing standards and driving continuous improvement projects with contract manufacturers an commodity suppliers
- Drive root cause and corrective action for failures during server integration, rack production and in the Data Center
- Perform regular audits of contract manufacturer facilities
- Create and maintain all production process and quality documentation
- Conduct First Article and Source Inspections reviews on network hardware components and assemblies
- Create BOMs, engineering change notifications, and manufacturing process changes through product lifecycle management tools
- BS, Electrical or Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in design or manufacturing of x86 server products.
- Knowledgeable in server hardware architecture and technologies.
- Experience developing manufacturing test solutions for server products.
- Demonstrated use of quality tools and methodologies in a manufacturing and/ or engineering environment.
- Experience in performing design of experiment, root cause analysis and troubleshooting. HW related issues.
- Communication skills.
- International travel required.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top