Manufacturing Quality Engineer, Data Center Products
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Manufacturing Quality Engineer responsible for working with our global manufacturing partners to develop world class manufacturing processes for Facebook's data center products. This is a full-time role based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Responsible for developing the manufacturing and quality plans for data center products.
- This includes sheet metal assemblies, power products, and thermal control equipment.
- Audit manufacturing sites and implement manufacturing and quality best practices.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the supply chain teams during the hardware product lifecycle.
- Ensure product and process quality targets are met by working with engineering to design test methods, establishing standards, and driving continuous improvement with manufacturers and equipment providers.
- Drive root cause and corrective action for failures during manufacturing and operation in the data center.
- Assist in implementing failure analysis tools and processes.
- Create and maintain all product process and quality documentation.
- Help create BOMs, engineering change notifications, and manufacturing process changes through product lifecycle management tools.
- BA/BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience in developing or manufacturing data center electrical, mechanical, or power products.
- Demonstrated use of quality tools, methodologies in a manufacturing and/or engineering environment.
- Experience in performing design of experiment, root cause analysis, and troubleshooting of hardware related issues.
- Vendor management, project management, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Communication skills.
- Travel up to 25% of the time to Facebook's data centers and supplier's sites.
- ISO9001 and/or ISO14001 certification.
- Experience in data center fabrication and build out.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top