(Hong Kong – Singapore – Taipei, Taiwan)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
In this role, you will be responsible for manufacturing research and develop to solve complex problems that directly impact final product quality, cost and delivery of Oculus products. You will define and implement manufacturing process best practices to the design of our products. You will be a key member of the Technical Operations team and will partner closely with Hardware Engineering, Quality, Test Engineering and our Manufacturing partners providing early and on-going manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are manufacture-able from concept, to mass production and through end of life.
- Partner with Product Design Engineering to identify and resolve manufacturing challenges by following best DFx practices and principles.
- Develop manufacturing processes at the factory and drive line, fixture qualifications – line layout optimization, throughput requirements, fixture requirements and development, critical dimensions on parts and critical requirements in assembly
- Develop new or improved assembly processes through application of theoretical and practical engineering to enhance product quality and production efficiency
- Drives all factory-related operational issues related to final assembly processes during pre-production builds through mass production and end of life
- Provides production support engineering with respect to technically complex assembly procedures, testing methods and failure analysis.
- Apply extensive expertise in all facets of mechanical product design
- Provide direction, guidance and resources to other engineering groups and factory technicians.
- Support cost reduction and sustaining activities
- BSME or equivalent (MSME, MSIE desired)
- 7+ years in engineering role with experience in product design as well as manufacturing engineering
- Required to understand and create tolerance stack ups for assemblies and part level
- Fluent in written and spoken Mandarin and English
- Ability to communicate effectively in worldwide environment
- New product introduction and manufacturing operations experience desired
- Proven track record of cost reduction, project management and engineering design required
- Working knowledge of GD&T principles a plus
- NX or ProE CAD experience a plus
- Working knowledge of optics principles as related to CCD cameras, lasers and use for position and critical alignment fixtures is a plus
- Moderate travel within Mainland China with some travel to Asia Pacific region and US
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top