Manufacturing Design Engineer - Camera Modules
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The AR/VR team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class hardware and software. As part of the AR/VR Operations team, we are builders who break down barriers to what is possible. Together we design and build manufacturing processes that transforms technology into products.
As a Camera Manufacturing Design Engineer in the AR/VR organization, you will be a critical part of camera system development and manufacturing. Cameras are an integral part of AR/VR systems. You will collaborate across multiple projects with optics engineers, product designers to enable novel AR/VR experiences. You will also work with vendors to develop processes and capabilities to deliver high performance products in high volume and robust quality.
- Drive innovation in imaging solutions for AR/VR products.
- Work with Engineering Team to identify the best supplier/partner to meet product requirements from both technical perspective as well as supply chain and manufacturing considerations.
- Process stakeholder in camera system design, prototyping, development, manufacturing and system integration for AR/VR products.
- Ownership of contract manufacturer component and camera system manufacturing support.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams, contract manufacturer camera integrators and component suppliers on DFM and camera module assembly NPI line bring-up.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams and supplier teams on characterization, test methodology, system validation and qualification of components (image sensor, lens, electrical components etc.) and camera systems.
- Work with internal teams and camera module vendors to define roadmaps, priorities, and custom solutions for AR/VR products.
- Provide camera system metrology and validation plan and instructions to internal and/or external design, prototyping and manufacturing groups.
- Debug optical/electrical/mechanical issues during camera module development.
- Travel both domestically and internationally.
- BS degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in camera module design/manufacturing, optical simulation, metrology, testing and lab work to verify imaging component, and assembly.
- Experience with consumer electronics manufacturing, partnering with Asia-based suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Experience working with cross-functional groups.
- MS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related technical field
- Experience or working knowledge of:
- -Imaging lens design and characterization
- -Image sensor design, characterization and tuning
- -ISP tuning
- -Camera module manufacturing processes and production testing
- -Depth sensing system design and manufacturing
- -Electrical circuit design and test
- -Mechanical tolerance analysis
Back to top