Manager, UX Research Program Management: Pillar and Regional Research Programs
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Research Program Managers (RPMs) build and scale global programs to strengthen the impact of our world-class research team. We do this by implementing operational systems, connecting teams and knowledge, and problem solving operational hurdles to enable researchers to do their most impactful work. As a Manager, you'll be working with a team that supports programs and operations for a large research team across the Facebook family of products. You'll have an opportunity to define, impact, and guide programs across multiple offices and product teams. This role will be responsible for managing our regional RPMs, who work with researchers in offices with a Research presence, as well as our pillar RPMs, who are embedded within Research orgs and work closely with their dedicated teams on specific needs.
This role requires you to have a proven track record of building and managing high-performing teams, preferably in working with partners in different disciplines. As a leader, you'll articulate the vision of the team and be a strong advocate for the Research Program Management discipline. We're looking for a trusted, strategic partner that can communicate and demonstrate the value of our programs, and deliver insights that lead to demonstrable organizational value. You should be able to determine the needs and growth areas of the team and make those a reality as well as build strong relationships with cross-functional leaders and teams at Facebook.
This role requires a leader that values collaboration and communication. We are looking for someone to lead in a way that is authentic, objective, empathic and inspiring. You approach management as an opportunity to help people develop their strengths and make an impact, and recognize when to adapt your leadership style to match peopleâ€™s unique needs in different situations.
You will need to be well experienced with building influence through cross-functional partnerships and creating a path to success for the people you manage. You thrive in a flat, fast-moving organization where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact. You are measurement focused and always looking to increase the quality and efficiency of the programs you manage.
- Lead & Manage
- -Coach and mentor a team of regional and pillar-based Research Program Managers, playing an active role in developing expertise and guiding professional growth
- -Collaborate with other Research Program Management managers to deliver the aligned vision of the team by defining strategic programs that meet goals, increasing Research's impact and enhancing Researchers experience
- -Build on the overall Research Program Management team's strategy and communicate it across Facebook, while providing strategy for complex problems associated with a growing organization and limited resources
- -Proactively plan headcount needs to best allocate team resources
- -Support recruiting efforts by attracting, retaining and growing a talented team
- -Build meaningful cross-functional relationships to enable strong partnerships. This includes relationships with pillar-based Research leads as well as Finance, Recruiting, and HR teams to ensure we have clear expectations and established budgets, HC planning and recruiting
- -Serve as a dependable point of contact/link to the Research Program Management team, Research Operations and other cross-functional teams
- 5+ years of Program or Project Management experience
- 2+ years of direct management experience
- Experience working with UX Research or Design
- Track record of operating independently and delivering results
- Experience managing across regional offices
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top