Manager, UX Research Program Management
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Research Program Managers (RPMs) build and scale global programs to strengthen the impact of our world-class research team. We do this by implementing operational systems, connecting teams and knowledge, and problem solving operational hurdles to enable Researchers to do their most impactful work. As a Manager, you'll be working with a team that supports programs and operations for a large research team across the Facebook family of products. You'll have an opportunity to define, impact, and guide programs across multiple offices. You'll also directly manage programs and initiatives in addition to people management.
This role requires you to have a proven track record of building and managing high-performing teams, preferably in working with partners in different disciplines. As a leader, you'll articulate the vision of the team and be a strong advocate for the Research Program Management discipline. You must become a trusted, strategic partner by communicating and demonstrating the value of our programs, and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable organizational value. You must be an overall expert in the relationship between finding needs and growth areas for a team and making those a reality. You must build strong relationships with other RPMs and cross-functional teams at Facebook to ensure a cohesive and cross-functional vision.
This role requires someone who is known for flexibility and creativity and is excited to lead in a flat organization that values collaboration and communication. You should have experience leading in a way that is authentic, objective, empathic and inspiring. You approach management as an opportunity to help people develop their strengths and make an impact, and recognize when to adapt your leadership style to match people's unique needs in different situations.
You are a natural at building influence in cross-functional partnerships and creating a path to success for the people you manage. You thrive in a flat, fast-moving organization where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact. You are measurement focused, a data-driven leader always looking to increase quality and efficiency of the programs you manage.
- Lead & Manage
- -Coach and mentor a small team of Program Managers, playing an active role in developing expertise and guiding professional growth
- -Deliver the aligned vision of the Program Manager team, by defining strategic programs that meet goals, increasing Research's impact and enhancing Researchers experience
- -Build on the overall Program Manager strategy and communicate it across Facebook, while providing strategy for complex problems associated with a growing organization and limited resources
- -Proactively plan headcount needs to best allocate team resources
- -Support recruiting efforts by attracting, retaining, and growing a talented team
- -Build meaningful cross-functional relationships to enable strong partnerships, including relationships with finance, recruiting and HR teams to ensure we have clear expectations and established budgets, HC planning and recruiting
- -Serve as a dependable point of contact/link to the Research Program Management team, Research Ops and other cross-functional teams
- Program Management
- -Act as the program lead and project manager for team initiatives
- -Create, maintain, and refine programs and initiatives, establishing operational systems and outcomes
- -Provide measurable impact from programs and resources
- -Collect feedback and implement process improvements
- -Predict roadblocks and obstacles and establish meetings or integration points between teams
- -Prioritize competing needs with good reasoning and creative solutions
- -Ensure internal tools are providing consistent and accurate data to be shared with managers in the Research team
- -Proactively identify and create efficiencies through centralized administration, outsourcing and globalization of processes across the areas of responsibility
- -Develop lightweight, repeatable processes, workflows and tools that keep the team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly
- -Partner and collaborate with Researchers and other Research Program Managers on program areas
- 10+ years of Program or Project Management experience
- 2+ years of direct management experience
- Experience working with UX Research or Design
- Track record of operating independently and delivering results
- Deep knowledge of social and mobile experiences
- Client or vendor management experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top