Manager, Trust & Safety Operations - WhatsApp
- Austin, TX
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 2 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
The Team Lead will manage WhatApp's Risk Operations team and will be responsible for end-to-end fraud management for WhatsApp's payments products. This team provides thought leadership, project management and operational execution for the design and implementation of risk management processes. This leader will provide direction, coaching, and mentorship to a diverse, motivated team of individual contributors, help shape the team's long-term vision, devise and drive global goals, and identify opportunities to drive change to help WhatsApp provide the best payments experience for our community.
- Lead our Payments Risk Ops team to drive measurable business outcomes enabling product adoption while minimizing risk exposure
- Become an expert in core risk infrastructure, tools, systems, and data
- Understand top fraud drivers and other qualitative insights, and support your team in making recommendations to improve our product, policies, and procedures to keep the platform safe
- Lead a high-performing team by establishing team goals and working with direct reports on strategies for executing at scale, measuring progress and sharing results
- Be a thought leader and guide the team's direction overall
- Advocate for users, partnering with global and cross-functional teams to develop global solutions
- Work closely with global cross-functional partners to prioritize, problem solve, and develop solutions related to spam
- 6+ years of experience in an operations, spam, risk, fraud or related environment
- 2+ years of work experience in people management
- Experience in assessing, analyzing and resolving issues, and distilling into communication
- Experience with analytics and experience solving problems using data and providing practical business insights
- 1+ years experience using WhatsApp
- Experience with SQL, data analysis, visualization tools, or programming languages such as Python or Java
- BA/BS or equivalent 4 year university degree
Back to top