Manager, Technical Program Management - Product Foundation
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook is seeking a Manager for the Facebook App Product Foundation Technical Program Management (TPM) team to support the mobile app business. TPM managers will work with Technical Program Managers by guiding them to go deep on learning their teams' systems and leveraging their technical knowledge to influence and drive cross-team and cross-function projects and roadmaps. Product Foundation TPMs work horizontally across multiple products, including News Feed, Ads, Messenger, Instagram, Videos, and Marketplace to create long term value for Facebook by promoting the right technologies for experience, performance, reliability, and growth. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park offices.
- Responsible for people management of a team, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Manage at least 6 direct reports.
- Work with Product Management, Data Science, User Research and Engineering to support org-level strategic planning and execution.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives across the Facebook App team.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for program requirements and scope.
- Work with PM and Engineering to define team needs.
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators including performance, reliability and health for the Facebook Mobile apps on both Android and iOS.
- Experience building a team through continual coaching and career growth opportunities.
- 2+ years of large scale systems or mobile experience, 5+ years experience as a Technical Program Manager, and 4+ years experience as a People Manager.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline.
- Communication and interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Organizational and coordination experience.
- Experience understanding product requirements and translating needs into plans.
- Experience building a team.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top