Manager, Technical Program Management, IG Product Infrastructure
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As our users grow, so does our infrastructure. Instagram is seeking a Manager for the Technical Program Management, Product Infrastructure team, with server and data infrastructure experience for hyper scale systems to drive infrastructure initiatives that maximize performance, stability, security and efficiency across Instagram. This person will support the Product Infrastructure TPM organization. Their responsibilities include people management for the Technical Program Manager team and growing the areas that TPMs support within the organization, as well as driving planning and programs within the larger organization. TPM managers will work with Technical Program Managers by guiding them to go deep on learning their teams' systems and leveraging their technical knowledge to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, adept at collaborating cross-functionally, and focused on advancing Instagram engineering and products. This is a quickly evolving space, and the TPM manager is expected to be flexible and pivot based on the problems we are trying to solve. This person will be highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios. They will be an excellent coach and able to set strong metrics for their teams and programs to keep everyone accountable. They will establish strong partnership with cross-functional partners to drive the technical vision and strategy for the infrastructure teams.
- Responsible for people management of a team, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Partner with engineering manager to set the strategy to solve complex problems in your technical area.
- Manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (such as Efficiency, Privacy and Security, Disaster Readiness, Operational Excellence).
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for program requirements and scope.
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a People Manager.
- Experience managing at least 3 direct reports.
- Experience managing an organization of program or product managers, including building and growing the team.
- Experience moving technical or engineering programs and products from inception to delivery, and experience articulating the impact using metrics, growth examples, return, etc.
- Experience structuring an organization that optimizes for execution, including attracting talent and building out gaps in the existing team.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Communication and interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within cross- functional team to develop solutions.
- Organizational, coordination and multitasking experience.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
Back to top