Manager, Technical Program Management, Developer Infrastructure
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Manager for the Technical Program Management, Developer Infrastructure team, with Developer Tooling and Management experience. This person will support the Developer Infrastructure TPM organization. Their responsibilities include people management for the Technical Program Manager team and growing the areas that TPMs support within the organization, as well as driving planning and programs within the larger Developer Infrastructure organization. TPM managers will work with Technical Program Managers by guiding them to go deep on learning their teams' systems and leveraging their technical knowledge to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. DevInfra TPMs work horizontally to create long term value for Facebook's engineers by promoting the right technologies and driving programs across a wide range of teams both in Infrastructure and Product. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Responsible for people management of a team, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Manage 6 – 8 direct reports.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (Developer Efficiency, Release Engineering, Client Foundation).
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for program requirements and scope.
- Work with PM and Engineering to define team needs.
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators.
- Experience managing 4 direct reports at a minimum. Experience building a team through continual coaching and career growth opportunities.
- Five plus years as a Technical Program Manager, and two plus years as a People Manager.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross- functional team.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience understanding product requirements and translating needs into plans.
- Two or more years of developer tools experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top