Manager, Technical Program Management - Business Integration Platform
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Manager for the Business Integration Platform Product Technical Program Management (PTPM) team. The Business Interfaces Platform team is responsible for raising the quality bar of Facebook's business applications within the Ads and Business Pillar (ABP). We are executing against three broad strategies to achieve this goal: Foundational Quality, Design Excellence, and Governance.Foundational Quality:How can we build applications that are available, reliable, and fast.Design Excellence:How can we raise the bar on design craft so that user experiences are compelling, coherent, and beautiful.Governance:How can we ensure that teams follow best practices consistently and meet our high quality bar with every change that goes into the system.We focus primarily on the web and Ads Manager as that's where the biggest need is, but are getting more involved in mobile and are pushing requirements deeper into the tech stack. We build tools, frameworks, and processes that span the entire development lifecycle, from inception through to roll out and post-launch monitoring.
- Responsible for people management of a team, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives across the ads team.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators.
- Experience building a team through continual coaching and career growth opportunities.
- 5+ years' experience as a Technical Program Manager, and 5+ years experience as a People Manager.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- Communication and interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Organizational and coordination experience.
- Experience understanding product requirements and translating needs into plans.
Back to top