Manager, Technical Program Management, AI Platforms
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Management leader for the AI Platforms team. The AI Platforms team is part of the Applied Machine Learning (AML) group. The team's mission is to build state-of-the-art Machine Learning and Deep Learning platforms and tools that support the breadth and depth of Facebook's business. The team is responsible for mission critical platforms such as FB Learner, Caffe 2, Lumos (our Computer Vision platform) and more. This is a full time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Define the vision for building a FB scale state-of-the-art AI/ML platform and developer infrastructure that spans from the datacenter to the edge.
- Partner with key product groups across the company to understand and anticipate their ML needs.
- Forge partnerships with the Infrastructure teams to collaboratively solve hardware/software problems.
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team.
- Build highly scalable, performant and reliable systems and infrastructure.
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and developing the best TPM talent for FB in AI/ML.
- Define and own key metrics and key performance indicators.
- Experience managing a team of program managers, including building and growing the team.
- Two or more years of Machine Learning experience, five plus years as a Technical Program Manager, and two plus years as a People Manager.
- Experience operating enterprise class cloud services.
- M.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross- functional team.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Experience understanding product requirements and translating needs into plans.
- Ph.D in Machine Learning, Computer Vision or related areas.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top