Manager, Technical Program Management Ads Delivery
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Manager for the Technical Program Management team working with Core Ads. You and your team will be responsible for key engineering and product initiatives in the Ads Delivery organization. Ads Delivery organization is responsible for products, services and infrastructure that is leveraged by all Ad products. The teams charter spans areas such as Ranking, Targeting and Auction.
Ads TPMs work horizontally to create long term value for Facebook by promoting the right technologies for productivity, stability, and growth. TPM managers work with talented Technical Program Managers bringing product, technical and people management skills to influence and drive cross-team, cross-product programs and roadmaps.
This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Responsible for people management of a team, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Manage at least 6 direct reports.
- Articulate the technology and product, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (ads delivery, machine learning, platform and capacity management).
- Perform risk management and change management of complex programs.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators.
- Experience managing 4 direct reports at a minimum.
- Experience building a team through continual coaching and career growth opportunities.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Communication and interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Experience understanding product requirements and translating needs into plans.
- Experience with Machine learning.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
Back to top