Manager, Technical Program Management, Ads
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Manager for the Technical Program Management, Ads team, with Ads Reporting experience. The projects will support the Ads Measurement organization whose responsibilities include the People Management and growing the Ads Reporting Platform. TPM managers will work with Technical Program Managers by guiding them to go deep on learning their teams’ systems and leveraging their technical knowledge to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. Ads TPMs work horizontally to create long term value for Facebook by promoting the right technologies for productivity, stability, and growth. This is a full time position based in our Menlo Park office and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Responsible for people management of a team, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Manage 6 – 8 direct reports.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (ads reporting, machine learning, platform and capacity management).
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for program requirements and scope.
- Work with PM and Engineering to define team needs.
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators.
- Experience managing 4 direct reports at a minimum. Experience building a team through continual coaching and career growth opportunities.
- Two or more years of online advertising experience, five plus years as a Technical Program Manager, and two plus years as a People Manager.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross- functional team.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Experience understanding product requirements and translating needs into plans.
- Machine learning and ads measurement experience.
- PMP Certification (PMI).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top