Manager, Technical Program Management
(New York, NY)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
Over 700 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is seeking a Manager for the Technical Program Management. Manager will oversee TPM for Engagement Engineering and grow the TPM group for other engineering teams based in New York. The team's mission is to build first in class consumption experiences for Instagram's community and the corresponding tools that support the breadth and depth of the team's project portfolio. TPM Manager will work with the embedded TPMs to guide and develop projects that align with the engineering needs of the group. Manager will influence cross-team projects and roadmaps, focusing on maximizing efficiency, quality and engineering throughput. Furthermore, TPM Manager will be responsible for identifying horizontal opportunities with other groups at Facebook and Instagram to promote stability, reliability and scale. This is a full-time position based in our New York office and will report to the Head of Instagram TPM.
- Responsible for people management of a team, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Manage minimum 4 - 8 reports
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team as they map back to product engineering goals.
- Manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (Capacity, Ranking Infra, Applied Machine Learning, Commerce Engineering, and others).
- Coach reports to develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Work with PM and Engineering to define team needs.
- Partner with key product groups across the company to understand and anticipate their IG needs.
- Build a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team.
- Define and own key metrics and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and developing the best TPM talent for IG in NYC.
- Experience managing a team of program managers, including building and growing the team.
- Five plus years experience as a Technical Program Manager, and two plus years experience as a People Manager.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross- functional team.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience understanding product requirements and translating needs into plans.
- M.S. in a technical discipline or MBA.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top