Manager, Technical Accounting
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Accounting Manager. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters.
- Review contracts and agreements, research relevant accounting guidance, recommend accounting and disclosure requirements for complex non-routine transactions, including but not limited to the areas of business combination, share-based compensation and leases.
- Prepare technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions and support the review process with finance management and external auditors.
- Conduct financial due diligence of M&A transactions as needed.
- Understand and provide interpretation of new accounting pronouncements in order to assist management in assessing financial and operational implications
- Support the implementation of new accounting standards across functional teams within the company where applicable.
- Support the External Reporting team to ensure proper implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Participate in the review of quarterly and annual SEC filings
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement disclosures in times of high seasonal demand or in areas with increased complexity
- Support various accounting teams with the drafting and review of any new accounting policies or updates of existing policies.
- Serve as a company-wide technical accounting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance
- CPA, or equivalent qualification with US GAAP experience
- Experienced Manager in an accounting firm, including experience working with the firm's technical advisory / professional practice / national office
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in researching and documenting new accounting guidance and the accounting treatment of issues
- Organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in the technology or social media industry
- Experience in a technical accounting role of a public US company
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top