Manager, Systems Project Management, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
Facebook is looking for a full-time Manager to join the Community Operations Tools & Infrastructure Project Management team. As a Manager, you will lead a team of project managers, work with cross-functional partners (Product Management, Engineering, Policy and other Operations teams) as well as teams within Community Operations (Infrastructure, Markets, Training & Quality, Escalations, etc.) to scope and drive tool development projects. In this role, you will work with management to drive improvement initiatives across our code base and team processes, set team priorities and collaborate with project managers and cross-functional partners to scope technical solutions to business problems. You will need to understand support challenges, influence change and drive any necessary trade-off decisions, while advocating for the needs of Community Operations.
- Provide leadership to a team of Systems Project Managers, drive professional development, teamwork and accountability.
- Work with a global management team to deliver cohesive and coordinated development strategies.
- Be prepared to directly manage large projects and coordinate across all stakeholders (internal and external) as needed to ensure the right execution, communication and resources are in place to deliver on key milestones.
- Ensure that the right level of tracking and transparency of milestones is maintained.
- Set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
- Supervise the active projects and programs across the team to ensure they are tracking to committed goals/milestones.
- Drive internal process changes to meet the needs of an evolving, complex Operations environment.
- Hire, train, and develop talent.
- Support the building and debugging of this infrastructure as needed.
- Support current quality checks and proactively monitor quality for all automation.
- Analyze quality trends and surface relevant insights to CO teams.
- Consult with Community Operations teams to fully understand operational processes and challenges and develop tools strategies to optimize operations.
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
- 5+ years of project management experience.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Ability to thrive in an operational environment, to drive change, and to collaborate with individuals and organizations.
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate across a global team.
- Focus and precision to tools and automation systems.
- Experience communicating with cross-functional partners.
- Experience with data analysis or internal tools.
- Knowledgeable at driving solutions for global operational teams.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to prioritize among demands.
- Prior technical experience (PHP, Haskell, SQL).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top