Manager, Supply Chain Design
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
At Facebook, we want to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Doing that at unprecedented scale is an awesome challenge! With a global community of 2 billion plus people, we have to think differently about how to deliver information, connectivity, and service at unprecedented scale and speed. Weâ€™re working on exciting problems; many of which have never before been seen. Facebook designs, manufactures, constructs and operates its worldwide data center infrastructure. The underlying supply chain for that infrastructure is unlike any traditional enterprise supply chain. Managing that multi-billion dollar global supply chain in a fast-moving and change-oriented and adaptive environment is who we are. Our supply chain priorities are quality, speed, protecting Facebook and cost. If these make sense to you and if you like taking risk, making decisions in a fact-based environment and delivering measurable impact, then you may just be the right person for Facebook!
As Facebook infrastructure grows in size, scope and scale, the need for tools, systems, processes and an underlying IT infrastructure that enables our team to move at speed is becoming more than ever, mission critical. Our teams must be well-equipped in order for us to continue to focus on what matters, move fast and deliver impactful results. To date, our operating model has been to encourage each team to organically build what they need. That has worked well. Now the time has come for this model to change. At the most fundamental level, success in this role will be defined by three foundational measures: increased productivity of SOE team members, creation of new sourcing and engineering capabilities that allow infra to scale globally, and improving time to results. Functionally this role will manage supply chain design and deployment, systems and tools design, development and deployment, and all associated program and project management. Process design will be led by this team in case it either provides cross-SOE benefit or requires IT support for deployment.
- Partner with SOE Pods to develop the world class systems, tools and processes needed to deliver Facebook Infrastructure at scale.
- Partner with Facebook IT and Business Applications teams to develop a long term underlying IT strategy, design and approach.
- Develop and implement a consistent method to gather IT business application design requirements, project ROI metrics and overall program management rigor.
- Develop and implement a next generation Program Management practice for Facebook supply chain teams.
- Develop a coherent end-to-end supply chain systems architecture, design and approach for each pod which exceeds the performance expectations and requirements of each unique infrastructure business.
- Develop and implement a consistent metrics approach across all podâ€™s that is practical, relevant and aimed at a pragmatic approach to running the business.
- 15+ years of total experience in a manufacturing domain.
- 10+ years of leadership experience leading cross-functional teams.
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain, systems, tools and process design.
- Leadership experience in manufacturing plant management.
- Leadership experience in a new product development and launch environment.
- Experience in supply chain analytics, design and operations.
- Experience with program management approaches, techniques and results.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain systems and architecture: MRP, ERP, PLM, etc.
- Experience in at least two of the following domains: Production management, product life cycle management, new product introduction, manufacturing engineering, and demand and supply planning.
- Communication experience.
- Experience in balancing strategic and tactical requirements.
- Ability to see a project from concept to strategy to execution.
Back to top