Manager, Supplier Quality Engineering
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a leader for our Supplier Quality Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a multi-functional team of Supplier Quality Engineers who work with Facebook's global manufacturing partners to develop and implement world class supplier quality programs for key commodities used in Facebook Server, Storage and Networking products. This is a full-time role based at our office in Menlo Park, CA.
- Responsible for leading a team of Supplier Quality Engineers covering the areas of Mass Storage, Mechanical, Power and potentially other key commodities such as ASICs and other core technologies at multiple suppliers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Hardware Engineering, Technical Program Management, Sourcing Operations and Data Center Teams.
- Ability to scale expertise to other core commodities such as ASICs, network gear, and other core supplier technologies.
- Early supplier engagement on roadmaps and capabilities.
- Ensure product quality targets are met at Integrators and end use Data Centers establishing standards and driving continuous improvement projects with manufacturers and commodity suppliers.
- Drive supplier root cause and corrective action for failures at system level integration, rack production and in the Data Center.
- Monitor and report yield, manufacturing metrics (FMEA, SPC, Cpk etc.) and drive improvement initiatives for the core commodities.
- Ensure 8D reports, PCNs, and PRQ are maintained and executed correctly.
- Own and manage any correlation activities and identify gaps between components versus module and system level.
- Participate in Supplier audits and quality and business reviews.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the supply chain teams during the entire product lifecycle.
- Some International travel may be required.
- BS, Electrical or Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of supplier quality management experience and general system quality initiatives.
- Experience leading global teams and suppliers.
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Management as a people leader.
- Experience with Hard Drives, Flash technologies and Solid State Disks (SSDs) - Technology, process, test and failure analysis.
- Experience with Mechanical Assemblies and power (Rack Power and Battery Backup).
- Knowledge with industry standard IO interfaces - SAS, SATA, PCIe, and Memory.
- Experience with process and industry quality for all aspects of Open Compute hardware used at Facebook.
- Experience in Storage, Compute, Network, Power, and IO.
- Experience directing design of experiment, root cause analysis and resolve problems through troubleshooting.
- Experience working with and managing off shore contract manufacturers and leading global team.
- Organizational communication and coordination experience along with multi-tasking experience.
Back to top