Manager, Software Engineering - Systems
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual realityâ€™s potential to connect the world is immenseâ€"and weâ€™re just getting started. Oculus is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
As an Engineering Manager at Oculus you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing a next-generation platform for virtual reality. Youâ€™ll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements by putting yourself in the trenches. Youâ€™ll guide architecture and delivery of software products. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering consumer software products focused on incredible customer experiences.
- Help build and lead great software teams to deliver world-class products.
- Drive customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Champion engineering and operations, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Establish a solid project framework and development processes.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- 4+ years of experience managing engineering teams including hiring/termination and performance management.
Back to top