Manager, Software Engineering, System Composition & 3D Runtime
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems and is reshaping how people experience entertainment, explore the universe and socialize with others. Come work alongside experts in software, hardware and research to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. The potential of VR and AR to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started.
The team is a diverse group of problem solvers, inventors, and proven visionaries who are relentless about transforming everyday occurrences into rich experiences that have the potential to improve the way billions of people live.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to support the System Composition & 3D Runtime team that is responsible for the 3D runtime that powers the VR shell and system experiences. You will manage and maintain a high productivity, high impact team and contribute to growth and hiring. This role offers significant opportunity for scope since the runtime is used to power experiences across the current and future Oculus product line.
- Manage the team that designs and implements features in the 3D runtime engine that power experiences across the Oculus product lines.
- Work closely with cross functional partners and teams who are building experiences using this engine.
- Lead efforts to investigate, understand, and improve software performance.
- Ship software on Windows and Android platforms.
- Partner closely with the design team to help define and implement engine functionality that's capable of expressing their vision.
- Coordinate and collaborate smoothly across multiple internal and external cross-disciplinary teams.
- 5+ years of experience with system programming languages such as C/C++ programming, including some experience with low-level systems work.
- 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams including hiring/termination and performance management.
- Experience developing and releasing software products on at least one PC, console, or mobile platform.
- Demonstrated track record of shipping products to market.
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional environments.
- Experience with graphics stacks such as Metal, Vulcan, DirectX, or others.
- Experience with game engines such as Unreal, Unity, or others.
- Experience with operating system graphics stacks.
Back to top