Manager, Software Engineering - Portal Streaming Media
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Building 8 Product Engineering team works at the intersection of ambitious science and product development, operates on aggressive timelines, with extensive use of partnerships. B8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world.
We are looking for a creative and experienced Engineering Manager to join the Engineering team at Building 8. You'll bring experience leading highly-technical teams, a strong understanding of media protocols, distributed systems, scalable web services, and bringing cutting-edge products to market. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Software Engineering Managers are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility.
- Help build and lead great software teams to deliver world-class products.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Champion Engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with hardware and software engineering teams.
- Operate strategically and tactically.
- Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day-to-day software development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and shipping software products and/or services.
- 5+ years of experience managing cross-functional engineering teams.
- 10+ years of software engineering work experience, including 5+ years of hands-on technical management.
- Experience building and leading a software organization through product design, delivery and commercialization of consumer electronics devices.
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management.
- Experience in leading timelines, multi-partner initiatives.
Back to top