Manager, Software Engineering- Portal Backend
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Engineering team at Building 8. You'll bring experience leading highly-technical teams, a strong understanding of backend services, and bringing cutting-edge products to market.
- Help build and lead great software teams to deliver world-class products.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with hardware and software engineering teams.
- Operate strategically and tactically.
- Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day-to-day software development.
- Experience in backend services, systems, and data infrastructure.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and shipping software products and/or services.
- 4+ years of experience managing cross-functional engineering teams.
Back to top