Manager, Software Engineering - Payments, Risk
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook Payments owns, builds and maintains the software platform which processes payments across our suite of products. The platform provides the ability to accept payments and also payout our stakeholders in the many countries we operate in. The mission of the Facebook Payments Risk team is to enable anyone, anywhere to be able to pay and be paid with confidence. This can mean different things across our many payments products - from providing support to advertisers who need help paying their bill, helping charities onboard to receive donations, to identifying and resolving fraudulent transactions.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Software Engineering Manager with payments and marketplace knowledge to manage quality and integrity work across Payments for Facebook. A deep understanding of risk, fraud, payments, marketplace, and/or e-commerce technology is a plus, but experience building, launching, and scaling great products is most critical. As a member of the Payments Risk team, you'll be responsible for securing our Payments platform from abuse and ensuring trustworthy connections between people, publishers, and advertisers. You'll be building solutions and systems that improve people's experiences with Payments across the platform.
This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, California.
- Manage a team of full stack web/mobile application developers with a variety of languages including but not limited to Java, Objective-C, PHP, React, etc.
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people manager
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management
- 5+ years experience coding in one of the following languages: C++, Java, and/or PHP
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years work experience)
- Experience with risk, fraud, payments, marketplace, and/or e-commerce technology
- Experience with backend infrastructure and machine learning technology
- Cross-functional collaboration experience including but not limited to work with operations, data science, PMs/TPMs, partner engineering teams, etc.
Back to top