Manager, Software Engineering, Onavo
(Tel Aviv, Israel)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
We’re looking for Software Engineering managers and organisation leaders with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, sharp coding skills, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment.
We are a dynamic, heterogeneous engineering team, handling a unique set of challenges on multiple domains. We are building world-class data systems, tools and products. This data infrastructure processes an immense scale of data with advanced ML and algorithms, powering an interactive visualization tool used across Facebook.
Additionally, the Onavo Apps team develops mobile apps that provide people across the globe with enhanced mobile data management and traffic encryption. Our tech stack includes Spark/Scala, Hadoop stack, advanced iOS/Android, React JS + Native, low-level networking.
This is the team to manage if you’re keen on operating across domains on a big scope and with world class experts on topics ranging from big data to mobile products and networking.
- Be a highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people manager
- Mentor and support engineers’ growth and success, help them to find and focus on their strengths
- Lead and guide engineering culture to form a high performance team
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives
- Participate in technical design
- Define and influence engineering and product strategy
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Contribute to the overall maturity of deployment and other processes.
- At least 5 years of proven hands-on technical management experience
- At least 5 years of proven engineering teams management experience
- Exceptional coding skills
- BS / MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience)
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Experience developing for big-data environments (Spark, Hadoop, Airflow, Luigi) – advantage
- Experience developing for Android / iOS platforms – advantage
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top