Manager, Software Engineering - Messenger, Click To Messenger Ads
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Messenger is one of the fastest growing apps in the world - over 1.3 billion people all over the world use it every month. Messenger offers a rich and expressive way to communicate with the people and businesses that matter to you. Messenger is redefining the boundaries of messaging apps with novel visual status features, the hugely popular bot platform, AI, and topic-based conversation spaces. You can make voice and video calls, make payments, play games, send stickers & gifs, and chat with groups. With Messenger, we continue to empower people to make meaningful connections.
Click to Messenger is an ads product which allows businesses to target users in Newsfeed, Instagram and Messenger. These ads enable the businesses to open messenger threads and start interacting with users over Messenger. For example: A business which sells apparel, uses Click to Messenger ads to open threads with customers where they sell the product, provide discount and accept payments from customers. The product is one of the fastest growing with small businesses in emerging markets which is strategically important for the company.
- Manage a team of full stack web/mobile application developers with a variety of languages including but not limited to Java, Objective-C, PHP, React, etc.
- Be both a highly technical and effective people manager
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive growth-focused engineering efforts
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years work experience)
- Experience with iOS and/or Android technology
- Experience in Ads or Business-orientated software
Back to top