Manager, Software Engineering - Instagram
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
Over 700 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is a treasure trove of authentic, creative and inspiring content — every day over 72 million photos are shared by over 172 million people all over the world. These are the world's most memorable moments expressed by our 400 million strong community of storytellers. Our Community Engineering team is responsible for the safety and trust of the people who use Instagram. Our mission is to help our community share and consume stories fearlessly, free of spam and abuse. We strive to make our community's experience on the site as meaningful as the moment captured. As we build out our CE team, we're looking for a leader to drive engineering efforts to detect and eradicate spam and fake accounts, to develop IG's login and account lifecycle experience, and to build tools to ensure the safety and integrity of our product. The ideal candidate brings an unwavering passion for Instagram and managing the dynamics of a fast-paced and creative environment.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership over the community engineering team
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience, including 5+ years of hands-on technical management
- Prior experience in one of the following C++, Java, and/or Python
- Demonstrated domain experience in spam detection, pattern recognition, authentication systems and data analytics
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years relevant work)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top