Manager, Software Engineering - Instagram
Over a billion people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram's Creation and Communication team is focused on building some of the most exciting products for Instagram like Stories, Live, and Direct:
The Instagram Stories team give people a fun, creative, and low-pressure way to share their moments throughout each day to strengthen relationships with friends and followers. The team partners closely with product, design, and data to continue to innovate and inspire people to produce more.
Instagram Live has quickly become the largest real-time streaming platform in the world. As an Engineering Manager on Live, you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams helping to make Instagram the best place for people to connect more deeply with their friends through shared, real-time experience.
The Instagram Direct team works on building the messaging service for the visual future, to strengthen relationships with the people closest to you through shared visual moments. With over 375 million monthly users, Direct is already one of the top global messaging services by the number of active users.
The position is full-time and based in our San Francisco, CA office.
- Help build and lead great software teams to deliver world-class products.
- Recruit, inspire and develop team members.
- Work together with your team, product management, and UX design to define product strategy.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security.
- Work cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- 3+ years experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- 3+ years experience building Android and/or iOS consumer products
- 5+ years experience with software engineering, including tech leading teams
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years work experience)
- Experience with RTP, WebRTC, and/or other related real-time transport protocols.
- Familiarity with Video Streaming, HLS, MPEG Dash, ABR, and/or other core video concepts/technologies.
Back to top