Manager, Software Engineering - Infrastructure
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is in search of the world's most creative and experienced engineering leaders. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Software Engineering Managers are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility. You have also kept your coding skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment. Our Developer Infrastructure organization in Seattle is hiring engineering managers for multiple teams including: developer tools, web and mobile performance and server products.
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people manager
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management
- 5+ years coding experience in one of the following languages: C++, Java, and/or PHP
- Experience recruiting and managing teams, including performance management
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years work experience)
Back to top