Manager, Software Engineering, FB Lite
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Lite is designed to serve people a faster experience on slower mobile networks and Android phones around the world. We built Facebook Lite to be faster, more reliable and very data efficient even when internet bandwidth is at a minimum. The app is just 1.5MB in size and takes just a few seconds to download.There are more than 200M people around the world who use Facebook Lite every month.Its unique architecture allows us to bring the full Facebook experience to everyone and anywhere. In order to provide a tailored, uncompromising Facebook experience the team, who is located in Tel Aviv across all its functions (engineering, data science, product design and product management), develop a highly optimized Android client, large scale distributed service and critical components in Facebook's core systems.
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager who will lead the team that is shaping the future of product development for emerging markets across the company. You will collaborate with all product teams across Facebook such as Newsfeed, Groups and Search. You will support a team of engineers facing complex fullstack technical challenges. You will work closely with product managers, product designers and data scientists to identify the next big opportunities.
- Be a highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people manager
- Mentor and support engineers' growth and success, help them to find and focus on their strengths
- Lead and guide engineering culture to form a high performance team
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives
- Participate in technical design
- Be a subject matter expert in a product domain
- Define and influence product strategy
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Contribute to the overall maturity of deployment and other processes.
- At least 5 years of proven hands-on technical management experience
- At least 5 years of proven engineering teams management experience
- BS / MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience)
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Real world impact driven - We're building products that aim to bring communities closer together. Technology is the tool to achieve this mission, and we should build the most impactful solution.
- Curious to learn about different cultures
- Comfortable supporting a team working across multiple technologies
- Experience working on fullstack systems with user facing products.
- Proven track record of forming effective partnerships with product designers, product managers and data scientists.
Back to top