Manager, Software Engineering, Facebook Reality Labs - Input Explorations
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Reality Labs Input Explorations team is looking for a creative and experienced engineering leader. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Software Engineering leaders are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility.
We're looking for a Software Engineering Manager with strong people management skills, technical expertise in the domain of 3D interactive features, either in games or other interactive 3D software, and someone who is passionate about advancing the boundaries of input in AR/VR. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineering manager with a background in gameplay systems, building user interfaces, or working with novel input and controls, who flourishes working in an ambiguous technology space. This position will afford you the opportunity to explore the meaning and implementation of future input devices in spatial computing by managing the software arm of an interdisciplinary front-end team (design, hardware, and software).
You will become part of a full-stack hardware, software, and design team prototyping and exploring new input devices and technologies in AR/VR, with a heavy focus on end user experience. We want people who work well in teams; can brainstorm big ideas; have great product sense; work in ambiguous technology areas; have an eye for detail, and are comfortable working on a variety of software systems and wearing a lot of hats. This position is full-time and is based in Seattle.
- Lead collaboration with multi-functional teams to achieve compelling experiences
- Manage engineers and help them develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing process for regular assessment and improvement
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes. Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Operate strategically and tactically
- Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day-to-day software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- 8+ years of software engineering work experience, including 2+ years of hands-on technical management including performance management
- 3+ years experience as an engineer shipping user-facing features on games or other 3D interactive products
- Experience delivering software for consumer electronic devices
- Experience in software development with C/C++
- Hands-on experience with computer graphics, rendering, game engines, interaction, tooling, or user interface heuristics
- Experience with virtual reality (Rift, VIVE, Gear VR, etc.)
- Experience working in 3D in Unity, Unreal, or a proprietary game engines
- Strong understanding of 3D math, linear algebra, and techniques
- Works well in a fast-paced inter-disciplinary environment
Back to top