Manager, Software Engineering, Facebook Reality Labs Graphics & Runtime
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Spark AR team builds the Augmented Reality (AR) platform enabling experiences across Facebook's family of applications and current and future hardware. We are powering and delivering AR experiences to millions of users every day. AR's potential to interact with the world is tremendous - and we're just getting started. As a world leader in AR systems, Spark AR is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in building an AR platform at scale. Come work alongside expert software engineers to create the technology that makes AR pervasive and universal. We are seeking a Manager of Software Engineering with a background in real-time Graphics to lead Spark AR's Graphics Engine team. The person in this role will have the opportunity to lead a world class development team in shipping code across multiple apps and products, bringing world-class technologies to hundreds of millions of people. This role is ideal for someone passionate about AR/VR/MR and computer graphics.
- Provide leadership in design and deployment of mobile graphics systems while also being accountable for aligning on requirements in conjunction with program managers and cross functional partners.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with global hardware and software engineering teams such as Facebook, Instagram, Messenger and Portal.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Establish a solid project framework and development processes.
- Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both the direct team members and cross-functional project peers.
- Champion engineering and operations, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day-to-day software development.
- 3+ years of experience in managing engineering teams including hiring/termination and performance management.
- 3+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
- 5+ years of experience with C/C++.
- Proven track record of building and supporting cross-functional teams.
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Experience communicating insights and ideas across organization.
- Experience implementing advanced 3D graphics features such as lighting, effects, shaders and other low-level systems.
- Experience building a cross platform game engine.
- Experience developing or modifying camera pipeline on mobile platform.
- Experience working on VR, AR and/or MR.
- Experience with tools such as Maya, Houdini, Blender, 3Ds Max, Arnold, RenderMan, or Cycles.
Back to top