Manager, Software Engineering, Express Wifi
(Tel Aviv, Israel)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
The mission of Internet.org is to bring Internet access to the two thirds of the world who are not yet connected. With Express Wi-Fi, we're working with carriers, internet service providers, and local entrepreneurs to help expand connectivity to underserved locations around the world. We're currently live in India, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, and Indonesia, and will be expanding elsewhere in Africa as well as in Asia Pacific and Latin America soon.
We are looking for networking engineering leads to build the next generation wifi network that will expand connectivity to underserved locations around the world.
Engineering Leadership at Facebook
We want the most creative and experienced engineering leaders to join us in making the world more open and connected. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. We're looking for Software Engineering Managers with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, sharp coding skills, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment.
This position is full-time and based in our Tel Aviv office. Travel to Facebook Headquarters in the US and to installations in the field will be required, but < 25% of time.
- Be a highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people manager
- Mentor and support engineers' growth and success, help them to find and focus on their strengths
- Lead and guide engineering culture to form a high performance team
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives
- Participate in technical design
- Be a subject matter expert in a product domain
- Define and influence product strategy
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Contribute to the overall maturity of deployment and other processes.
- At least 5 years of proven hands-on technical management experience
- At least 5 years of proven engineering teams management experience
- BS / MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience)
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Technical knowledge of network architecture, OSI network model, TCP/IP, Wi-Fi
- Technical knowledge of A/A/A schemes, including RADIUS, 802.1X, etc., and carrier-grade Wi-Fi technologies such as EAP-SIM and EAP-TTLS.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications and/or media products
- Experience developing network-focused platforms, management tools, or hardware products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top