Manager, Software Engineering - Customer Insights
(Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY - Seattle, WA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an engineering leader for the Customer Insights (CI) group. This person will lead the development of internal products that drive sales efficiency and revenue for Facebook. These products integrate closely with Facebook's core Advertising Systems and Products, as well our Corporate Information Systems.
The Enterprise Engineering organization at Facebook focuses on building innovative solutions to business problems that enable world class productivity for our company, and have an impact on the industry. The Enterprise Customer Insights organization is focused on building tools and other solutions for our Sales and Marketing team. We emphasize creative uses of Facebook's massive data set that help transform how our Sales and Marketing functions engage with our customers.
The right person for this role will be a key contributor to the product vision of our CI tools, engage in team building and product execution, and focus on driving the goals and metrics that maximize impact for our customers and the company.
- Be an effective people manager and demonstrate highly-technical hands-on software engineering capability.
- Recruit, inspire, and develop team members.
- Work with the Sales, Product Management, and Marketing Teams to define key future state capabilities for internal products (information systems, tools, and data services) that drive incremental revenue for Facebook and productivity for the CI organization.
- Partner with CI leaders, Product Management, Product Design, and Business Intelligence teams to define a joint roadmap of initiatives that implement future state capabilities and develop a long-term vision and plan to grow the impact of the CI Enterprise Organization.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of internal products.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of internal products.
- Build and lead a team of engineers to ship high quality products that realize measurable business outcomes.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, of which at least 3 years in leading engineering teams with a track record of shipping software products in enterprise settings.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with designing, building, and evolving enterprise applications and/or media products across technologies: machine learning, mobile, web and backend.
- Knowledge of technical architecture, system scalability, and operations.
- Experience leading 10+ person engineering teams and experience hiring, developing, and leading multi-team organizations.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top