Manager, Software Engineering, Computer Vision - Facebook AI
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The mission for the Computer Vision organization at Facebook AI is to innovate on ways for machines to understand visual content, offering various metadata and tools to downstream product groups. The role entails supporting a team working closely with our AR product group to build core building blocks for an "AI Assistant" on future hardware initiatives. In particular, the cross-functional team of Engineers and Researchers focuses on models and techniques to build AR user's core memory (remembering context) and better personalization (remembering personal concepts). This requires investing in research bets and corresponding models that span Computer Vision, Dialog, Continual Learning, Multimodal Learning and Knowledge Graphs.
- Lead an organization of engineers and researchers with a diverse set of expertise and be able to create a vision across these pillars
- Coordinate with other AI organizations like FAIR and AI Infra to build strong research and system bridges
- Engage cross-functionally with counterparts in core AR and hardware teams to push the product portfolio with our technology building blocks. Also convert long term product roadmaps into research directions for the extended organization
- Continue to grow the research and engineering culture, along with the team
- Ph.D. or equivalent research experience in AI specifically in the areas of Computer Vision, Speech, and/or NLP
- 3+ years of people management experience in multi-disciplinary teams at the intersection of research and product, including building performing teams and organization
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- Leadership and interpersonal communication experience in working across many disciplines, drive best practices, and mentor team members
- Experience working on AR products, having shipped a few features and/or products in this space
- Experience working with cross-functional roles like PMs, designers and data science
- Research experience in the form of publications
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top