Manager, Software Engineer - Client Automations
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
We're a very small, brand new team, creating features and services for over a billion of users. Our team focuses on building fast and reliable automations that support the core WhatsApp platforms (iOS, Android, Web, Enterprise), allowing engineers at WhatsApp to reliably and safely deliver their apps to the world. You will have the unique opportunity of building out the team that will work with various teams at WhatsApp and Facebook.
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on and effective people manager.
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts.
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management. Coding experience in one of the following languages: Python, Java, Objective-C, or C++
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management.
- Proven ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams.
- Knowledge of iOS and Android SDK and/or UI automation (e.g. UI
- Automator, XCTest, Selenium) is a plus
- Experience in CI systems (e.g. Jenkins) is a plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years relevant work experience).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top