Manager, Software Engineer, Android platform
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Every month, more than 2.5 billion people around the world use the Facebook family of apps. It's important to us to provide everyone - regardless of where they are in the world - the same access to the best versions of our apps. This can be challenging in regions where download speeds are slow or data access is limited. We work with partners to preinstall our apps both to mitigate these challenges and to help people get the most up-to-date version of our apps. As new mobile platforms emerge, it's also important to provide the version that's optimized for their specific device.In addition to providing benefits for people on new devices, our program also aims to ensure that our apps continue to work well on devices over time. On Android phones, we support delivering notifications and app updates for our apps through preinstalled system apps which improve the security and user experience of Facebook apps for the life of the device.We are looking for a strong leader to lead the engineering team, who would have the opportunity to build the foundation that supports the delivery of app/services across billions of android devices and create a platform that addresses security, reliability & performance while keeping compliance with requirements of device manufacturers and Android OS. This team owns the development of both client and server infrastructure of the program.
- Help to develop an inspiring vision for the Android Platform team.
- Be a combination of an effective technical leader and caring people manager helping engineers grow.
- Work effectively with product management and partnerships team as well as partners to understand their needs and risks, to develop high-impact engineering plans to address them.
- Work effectively with data scientists and data engineers to understand, improve and build efficient systems.
- Organize and drive the engineering team of engineers to consistently and predictably deliver impact.
- Strong business, process, and technical sense for large scale systems.
- 5+ years experience managing and growing software engineering teams as a people manager.
- BS / MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Comfortable supporting a team working across multiple technologies
- Proven track record of forming effective partnerships with product designers, product managers and data scientists.
- Experience in working with mobile operator / telecom systems.
- Experience building analytics tools and data visualizations.
- Experience with Android development including security and reliability aspects.•
Back to top