Manager, Silicon TPM
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook ARVR focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR & VR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.
- Serve as the primary point of accountability for Silicon TPM execution.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across Silicon engineering and cross-functional leadership.
- Lead, develop, and scale a team of Silicon TPMs with the following responsibilities.
- Work with a cross-functional team of PM, EE, FW, SW to set milestones, create integration plans and identify/address potential setbacks/risks and mitigation plans that enable the definition and execution of next generation hardware products.
- Develop schedules, identify critical paths and bottlenecks and maintain execution throughout the duration of programs.
- Effectively communicate program status to key cross-functional stakeholders and leadership.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and technology development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment to ensure on time delivery.
- Drive on-time design, development and delivery of pre-silicon development vehicles including FPGAs.
- Manage delivery of chips for the development builds and ensure qualification to meet mass production timelines.
- Ensure program documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Contribute to resource planning to ensure program success.
- Embed with engineering teams to manage external vendors engaged in the development of various SOCs, including managing resources, setting review processes, working with supply chain and operations, etc.
- 10+ years experience developing silicon in the consumer electronics industry.
- Knowledge of the silicon design and development process.
- 7+ years experience leading, developing, and scaling TPM or engineering teams.
- Engineering degree.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top