Manager, Robotics Program, Data Center Strategic Engineering
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
This is a People Manager opportunity within the Infrastructure Data Center Strategic Engineering team. This team focuses on pushing the boundaries of engineering to help Facebook design and build their world class data centers. To this effect, this team also supports critical R&D initiatives for the larger Infra Data Center organization. This role will be responsible for providing strategic guidance and include direct management oversight of a small team of engineers (mechanical, electrical, firmware & software) who are solving interesting and complex problems relating to mobile robotics development initiatives. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for the team in support of the program initiatives.
- Establish and foster strong working relationships with various stakeholders and teams.
- Work with your team to align tactical programs to large strategic objectives and big bets. Ensure your team understands the big picture and goals
- Empower your team to define and develop HW products that suits various Infra Data Center needs.
- Foster a positive, creative and collaborative environment, encouraging brainstorming and an openness to try new ideas.
- Empower your team to continue investing in R&D.
- Empower your team to work with the various engineering teams to design and develop a scalable solution that meets the goals of stakeholders.
- Manage expectations of all interested parties – define clear program roadmap with key deliverable and milestone dates.
- Focus on growing and building a strong, productive, satisfied team.
- Identify and develop key metrics/measures that will be used to evaluate success and validate the business impact of the program.
- Communicate to cross-functional stakeholders on objectives and goals for the program, support gathering and prioritizing requirements.
- Communicate program updates to leadership, partners and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Familiarity with data center environment is a plus.
- Must have experience managing day to day operational activities.
- Minimum 3 years managing an engineering team.
- Experience with project management with attention to detail and demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in an operations capacity.
- Project management experience defining roadmaps, and translating strategic and business growth into objective projects.
- Must have experience with project management and enterprise tooling.
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top