Manager, Product Privacy Program
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Privacy organization is looking for a manager within the Privacy Review team. This role will include direct management of a team of Privacy Program Managers (PPMs) who drive a robust privacy by design process. In this role, you'll also be leading and managing cross-functional privacy reviews for new products and features with product teams to evaluate and provide guidance on privacy implementations, and partner with legal, public policy, product marketing, security, communications and other teams across the company to drive towards consensus-based solutions. A successful candidate will have a passion for leading a team in the privacy, technology or product space, as well as strong interpersonal and project-management skills. This position is full-time.
- Manage and grow a team of individual contributors, overseeing Facebook's cross-functional privacy review process for a subset of new products and features.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and career development to members of your team, through performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Manage day-to-day operations across multiple regions with cross-functional partners and teams.
- Establish and foster strong working relationships with various stakeholders and teams.
- Establish team goals and work with direct reports on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and sharing results.
- Consult and provide guidance to product teams (including product managers, engineers, designers, and content strategists) to develop creative solutions to privacy-by-design challenges during the development of innovative technical products.
- Establish, communicate and implement a consistent strategic vision of privacy across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Develop and build strategic relationships with partners and business teams in order to collaborate on integrating privacy into product software development and business processes.
- 5+ years of project or program management experience.
- 4+ years of people management and team-building experience.
- 4+ years of work experience on data privacy or relevant technology products.
- Proven experience leading cross-organizational programs by holding teams and individuals accountable to timelines and deliverables.
- Experience with relationship building and collaboration to bring together multiple perspectives within cross-functional teams.
- JD, MBA, MPP or equivalent or technical degree.
- CIPP, CIPT, CIPM, PMP or similar certification.
- Experience building a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience or familiarity with legal or policy frameworks or operations.
- Experience developing social products, technologies and platforms or delivering innovative software products.
- Highly organized, productive, poised, and experience thriving in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios.
- Experience working directly with executives to support business decision making.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top