Manager, Product Operations Engineering
Facebook is seeking a Manager of Product Operations Engineering responsible for our Test Framework team, Test Engineering, and our Hardware Product Integrity (HPI) team, which all support the infrastructure within our Facebook Data Centers that serve our family applications. This is a full-time position and reports to the Director of Operations Engineering as part of the Sourcing and Operations Engineering team and is based at our Menlo Park, California Facebook office.
MANAGER, PRODUCT OPERATIONS ENGINEERING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads a team of managers, engineers and data analysts that provide critical services to adjacent engineering teams throughout the lifecycle of enterprise class server, storage, network, and specialized data center electronics equipment.
- Guiding teams through complex problems and priorities related to strategic and operational objectives.
- Support alignment and development of strategies and architecture of services and infrastructure that support both operations and strategic initiatives.
- Guide the development of processes and strategies that deliver high quality and highly reliable products into the Facebook infrastructure.
- Help define new methods for solving challenges unique to the hyperscale business.
- Partner effectively with Product Design teams to deliver fit for function products.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure the evolution of our data systems meets the ongoing and rapidly changing business requirements.
- Establish and foster strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and find creative ways to overcome obstacles to ensure delivery of quality, schedule, and cost objectives.
- Guide the support for our globally utilized test framework and test automation infrastructure
- supporting operations, qualification, and reliability testing.
- Grow our test and automation teams to meet our global test requirements.
- 20% domestic and international travel is required.
- BS, Electrical, Mechanical, Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of experience in product development, manufacturing processes, supply chain, test engineering, quality, or similar.
- 5+ years of experience managing & leading people.
- Experience building, developing, and leading global teams.
- Experience leading cross-functional mission critical systems infrastructure and programs.
- Proven communication skills including effectively communicating strategy and status to multiple audiences.
- Experience in quality, reliability and compliance domains.
- Demonstrated experience using of quality tools and methodologies in a manufacturing and/or engineering environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic global environment.
- Experience working with manufacturing test, qualification testing, and ongoing reliability testing infrastructure and frameworks.
- Master's degree in related field.
- Experience supporting enterprise level equipment from early development through end of life.
- Demonstrated experience in electronics manufacturing industry common statistics and their application, as well as an understanding of how data can be used to drive decisions.
- Open source software development model experience.
- Experience in the global deployment and operational support of software used in a production environment.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top