Manager, Product Marketing (Commerce)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are looking for a marketing leader who knows the ins and outs of Commerce and is a passionate advocate for Consumers. As the Consumer Marketing Lead for Facebook's Commerce team, you are the thought-leader (think unofficial CMO of the Commerce business) responsible for building and managing the team who is connecting people to the products and services they care about, globally.The ideal candidate has a relentless focus on driving growth and bringing to market new ways to empower people and/or business around the world to buy and sell in a meaningful and value-add way to Consumers. This person understands the shopping trends, the different market dynamics, competitive landscape, and, most importantly, how to positively impact Consumer sentiment and drive new behavior. She or he must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results and developing and executing against global launch plans that bring relevant products to market.
- Develop 6-month marketing strategy and plan to achieve consumer product goals, with emphasis on driving Consumer awareness, usage, and retention
- Establish clear KPIs for the team and own relationship with analytics to ensure impactful testing agenda and measurement plan in place. Be accountable for reviewing program results to ensure continued improvement of marketing programs
- Contribute to global market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the voice of the market internally with Product Management and Engineering, with a focus on the intersection of Customer needs and adoption of Facebook's Commerce products
- Create the go-to-market plan to determine effective launch strategy, crafting the core product positioning and messaging, considering value proposition, target audience, competitive landscape, and other factors
- Plan and lead successful marketing campaigns to efficiently drive product awareness and adoption, including creative asset development and media planning
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader Facebook ecosystem and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback and positioning
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (including Product, Research, PR, Design, engineering stakeholders and more) to deliver world-class product marketing programs
- Commitment to hire, develop, and lead best-in-class Consumer Product Marketing team.
- 15+ years professional experience in a corporate or startup environment
- 10+ years working in a Consumer Product Marketing and or Consumer Marketing capacity (partnered with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements and with relevant cross-functional partners to drive product launch strategy and ongoing lifecycle/engagement marketing)
- Experience in eCommerce, partnering with product teams to identify and bring to market solutions with Consumer benefit
- Proven ability to develop break-through marketing strategies and translate those strategies into actionable plans.
- Product Marketing/CRM lifecycle marketing with a data-driven mindset
- Experience in constructing strategy and creative briefs, providing feedback and delivering engaging creative with stories
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top