Manager, Product Management
- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Enterprise Products team is responsible for building integrated, scalable, and robust enterprise applications. We are currently looking for a Manager of Product Management who has experience managing Product Managers and building teams, and is passionate about growing their Product Managers into organizational leaders. As a Manager of Product Management, you'll be expected to invest in the development of your team by helping to define clear development plans and expectations while also holding each Product Manager accountable for success. Additionally, you'll need to provide resources, coaching, and regular, actionable feedback. Our products enable scale, efficiency and quality in the work performed.
This Manager of Product Management must be able to help define strategies for large, ambiguous product areas and help guide their teams on how to maximize impact of those strategies by using data and research to create effective execution and experimentation frameworks. This role requires the ability to communicate cross-functionally and build strong relationships with Business Managers, Engineering Managers, and Design Managers.
- Manage and support multiple product engineering teams
- Help set and manage success metrics across teams
- Identify opportunities to share technology across teams
- Identify and manage partnership opportunities with internal cross-functional partners
- Support strongly opinionated product leaders and their engineering teams to ensure their success
- Evangelism for technologies and products, internally and externally
- 5+ years experience managing an organization of product managers and managing 5+ people
- 3+ years experience hiring and growing teams
- 5+ years product management experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related fields
- Software development experience as a developer and/or manager
- Experience being on the cross-functional leadership team of a 100+ person team
- Experience working with or in support of diverse internal communities
Back to top